Android IAP Testing
Sometimes you’ll get a “Google Play authentication is required” error when trying to purchase IAP content in an Android app. These are the steps I use to get around the problem when trying to test an app.
- Make sure the app version and bundle version are the same as the build you have in Google Play. This may work with higher versions too but haven’t tried yet.
- Clear the cache on Google Play
- Clear the cache on Google Play Services
- Make sure you’re logged in to Google Chrome (open Google Chrome and go to settings). Not 100% sure this is needed but haven’t tried the process without it yet
- Make sure you’re logged in to Google Play (open Play Store and log in)
- Install the app from Google Play so it has a record that this user has installed the app
- Install your build over the one installed from Google Play
Once you’ve done the above steps, you should be able to make a purchase in the app.
Also, once the above steps have been completed, you are able to uninstall the app and install a fresh copy and everything should still work